St. John’s Church, Highfield was built in 1912, replacing a church that burned. It was consecrated in 1928. This is the third church on the site. Formerly, it was part of a three point parish including the long gone St. Paul’s Church, Goshen and St. Barnabas’, Caanan Rapids. In 2011, St. John’s Church became a part of the Parish of Sussex.